Limoncello Christmas cookies
Mamma Mia! La dolce Vita in cookie form.
Hands dusted with flour, the mixer is running at full steam, … it’s Christmas and probably the best time to let off steam in the kitchen.
In addition to the classics vanilla crescents, cinnamon stars and Spitzbuben, we have tried for you a delicious recipe for Christmas cookies with a touch of Italy. Superbly delicious and quickly eaten. Baking with Limoncello, you have never tried? You should!
- 200g wheat flour
- 75g cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175g butter
- 100g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 organic lemons
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp SCAVI & RAY Limoncello
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180 ° hot air or 200 ° lower top heat.
- Finely grate the zest of the organic lemons. Attention, you should try not to rub off the whiteness of the peel, this has many bitter substances. Squeeze the grated lemon and filter the juice through a fine sieve. Mix and sift the flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
- Stir butter, sugar and egg yolk until foamy. Add lemon zest and lemon juice to the mixture and mix. Gradually incorporate the flour mixture with a tablespoon.
- Fill the finished batter into the piping bag / piping bag and squirt about 5cm long sticks on the baking paper.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 10 – 12 min. Ready cookies from the oven and carefully pull the baking paper from the tray. CAUTION … the cookies are very delicate and break easily). Let the limoncello cookies cool completely on the baking paper.
While cooling, mix the sifted powdered sugar with lemon juice and limoncello. Heat the mixture and apply briskly to the cookies with a pastry brush and leave to cool.